pwd

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Manila - The clothing I brought

Clothing I brought:
- 8 white undershirts
- 10 pair socks
- 10 boxers
- 1 pajama bottom
- 3 shorts (2 workout, 1 swim)
- 3 pair jeans
- 3 pair pants (for work)
- 5 pair shoes (3 for work, 1 workout, 1 dance)
- 2 light jackets
- 5 t-shirts (2 sleeveless)
- 6 polo's (5 for work)

I'm gonna pat myself on the back for a second here - I'm a pretty darn good packer. I typically even over-pack for dance events because that's how I roll. But for work stuff I'm typically on point. And, for the most part, I was pretty good about this stuff. My under-scibby's are well covered and the pants situation is great. Heck, even the shoe choices were clutch and appropriate. Also I haven't really even been outside too much (and the weather is consistent) so the jackets were just-in-cases.

Now, let me call attention to the other items.

Of the 5 t-shirts, 2 are sleeveless workout shirts. One a quicksilver black shirt I stole from a fraternity brother, the other a blue cut-up Delt (my fraternity) shirt with a Southern Cross (constellation) and quote "Southern by nature, Delt by the grace of god" on the back. I know what you're thinking and no you can't have it. Of the 3 other "normal" t-shirts I brought for every other situation besides working out, one is a grey Delt shirt with the Busch Light mountains on the back and a stupid quote (I love this shirt, I own 4 of them), one is a Carlson Brewery shirt I got in Australia that has paint on it, and the last is bright orange that says "Florida" on it.

I can't tell you how ridiculous and inappropriate these choices seem in hindsight.

I mean, workout ones, fine. However this weekend when I actually got the opportunity to walk around with a t-shirt on, I did a triple take my choices and laughed. Needless to say, I wore the Delt Busch Light one cause it was the most normal. Carlson got worn the next day. Mr. Florida is still folded nicely in the drawer. We'll wait to break him out at the beach I think.

Aside: did you know droor is not a proper word? I didn't.

Now, the last item I honestly thought I was good on. I mean, I pretty much only wear short-sleeved polo's to work at Best Buy (yes, even in winter in Minnieapolis) because 1) they are business casual enough for me, 2) I'm cheap and don't wanna dry-clean clothes and 3) I'm lazy so I don't wanna iron clothes. Polo's are perfect. I thought this choice of work wear was flawless. So, what prey tell, did I get told today at work?

No short sleeves at work.

Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment