pwd

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Manila - Wednesday, February 11th - 8 things I noticed today

1) I was beginning to think that Manila was permanently covered in clouds - not today.
2) Smog gets worse on cloudless days.
3) The "warehousing area" I wrote about encountered on my drive to work is actually the back-end of this big mall called Robinsons. Should have picked up on this earlier because I walked through the mall my first day of work (yes, to get Chinese food though it wasn't my choice).
4) All the people riding motorbikes here wear helmets
5) The "highway" I mention in my previous posts is called the EDSA. I should have picked up on this too - it's the major thoroughfare through Manila.
6) Besides the type of buses, jeepneys, and size of the trucks, the car situation here is pretty American-normal.
7) My diet while here has been about 75% cereal.
8) I didn't pack appropriately (see next post).

No comments:

Post a Comment