pwd

Monday, February 16, 2009

Manila - Ads I've seen

You might have noticed I dropped the whole "Day x" thing.
1) You'd be bored reading my daily escapades considering I'm working or sleeping about 95% of the time
2) At this rate, it would take me 112 days to write a post for every day I've been here.

So what you'll be getting is more a collection of observations or stories or maybe a complete day described if it's really sweet.

I mentioned earlier that on my ride to work I see many ad signs posted on lots of things. These ads are quite large. Think the Chik-fil-a ad on the side of the hotel you see when driving I-85 South right before the connector. The thing is about 30 stories high. The ads here are quite that big, but they're on that scale rather than the typical billboard.

So I've found that they're advertisements (at least the ones in English) are quite humorous to a fluent English speaker.

- Vitwater. Slogan: "It's water + benefits"
- Human. I later learned was a clothing brand. I don't really know what I though this was originally.
- Congratulations Mayor Benhur Abalos. Big 'ol headshot.
- Kenny Rogers Roasters "You are what you eat" bunch o fit people
- Shapes
- Drink Coke
- Folded and Hung
- Share the Love - Krispy Kreme doughnuts (it's Vday)
- Beign hair-free is incredibly sexy. laserlight. young girl on sign. the model can't be older than 18.
- Love the Pulp - Minute Maid Pulpy Oracnge. Tis my kind of OJ.
- lots of clothing ones
- "Men need Belo too", Belo Medical group - dude with low cut shirt.
- Gingersnaps. not the foor, something else. sweet simple japanimation on it. it does say manila, bangkok and ?

No comments:

Post a Comment